Monday, January 24, 2011

Why did you lie to me?

I havent posted in a while but I wanted to get this in writing and share it anonymously so I can get some feedback. Plus it feels good to write shit down.

So 3 weeks ago my wife of 4 1/2 years told me that she has been lying to me about her family and background.

When we were dating she told me that she was due a big inheritance from her father who lives in Hong Kong (who I never met). Apparently he owned some commercial property and had done well for himself. In fact, according to her, he had accumulated a small fortune.

She told me that one day I could work for her father with her brother and bro in law for the family business, he would buy us a house in NYC, and she would get an inheritance of over $10 million. She also told me dozens of other lies that were a result of her snowballing lies. She just kept digging a bigger hole for herself.

Now before you get mad at me for believing all this, I didnt. I asked her multiple times if she was bullshitting me and if she was lying to me. I asked her if it was all just a ploy to; 1) keep me around and 2) get her green card.

She always said, to my face, direct eye contact, that it was true and we were going to have a great life.

To be fair, I got greedy. I got greedy and my eyes grew large at the thought of such fortune. Who wouldnt? Shes a cute asian girl, stylish and who was really rich. While dating I quickly dumped all the other girls in my life and focused on her. Wouldnt you?

And it worked. After dating for a while we grew to love each other and we married at City Hall. She got her green card (pain in the ass), we got a dog and nice apt. We were trying to have kids as of Nov 2010.

When her father died there was a funeral service in the states and all of her family was there. Up until now I had only met her sister. Everyone else was scattered across the USA and Asia.

Very long story short, faced with the prospect of me meeting her family, she told me the truth. She had no fortune etc...her dad was an engineer who lived in .....Delaware!! Everything she told me was a lie. And I fell for it.

Long story short I kicked her out. And now I live alone with the dog. It breaks my heart everyday and I cant stop thinking about her, but I feel I did the right thing.

Fucking chicks.

Thoughts? Comments?







No comments: